Four Core Competencies to Look for in A Recruiter
Recruiters are critical to the growth and longevity of an organization. They control the flow of new prospects for a company’s employee pool. And we all know the employees are the driver of business growth (the right people matter!).
So when hiring for a recruiter, it is essential to look for a couple of key traits.
- Results-orientation. The ability to attract the best and achieve results under challenging circumstances.
- Resourceful. The ability to get the most out of limited resources or prospects.
- Organized. Can plan and prioritize a workday across a slate of roles effectively and consistently.
- Persuasive. Ability to win support and buy-in from external and internal parties.
As a bonus, here are four behaviors to watch out for!
- Inability to cope with change.
- Can only make decisions with all the data.
- Uncomfortable with things being “up in the air.”
With these in mind, you are well on your way to hiring a capable recruiter for your team